This Christmas season, why not get in the holiday mood a little early? There are plenty of fabulous, festive activities to do throughout the entire month of December! White Rock and South Surrey alone offer some great holiday festivities. Additionally, the Greater Vancouver area has no shortage of cool Christmas events to check out. This blog will open your eyes to the fun you can have in the coming month!
Test out your artistic skills.
Do you have a knack for painting? Or – on the other hand – do you simply love trying new things? Either way, White Rock will be home to two paint nights this December!
First of all, Paint Star Party is hosting “Paint the Merry Grinch” – an art event where you can be guided step-by-step or take your own spin on painting the Grinch himself! Just like in the classic tale of the Grinch, we hope your final masterpiece will be a Christmas miracle. This event will take place December 12th from 7:00-9:00 PM at the Townhall Public House in South Surrey.
In addition, Oceanside Public House will also be holding a great painting event on December 13th from 7:00-9:00 PM. Here, you can paint and personalize your own “Christmas Mail.”
Between spending and visiting and getting prepared for the big day, the stress of the holidays sure can build up. This year, release some of that stress through creating art – we know you won’t be disappointed. And hey, you could even use your masterpiece as a Christmas present!
Holiday time… In theatre!
On the topic of creativity, White Rock offers some other means to getting in the holiday spirits. The White Rock Players Club will be hosting an exciting Christmas show: Robin Hood and the Skytrain of Doom. Running from December 5th all the way through the end of the month, this is the perfect place to take the family for a fun night out. Watch as Robin Hood battles the evil Sheriff of Nottingham, fighting to stop his plan for a new Skytrain expansion. What’s more? Music from the Beatles will even be involved in some way… But we don’t want to give it all away! Get your tickets while you can.
Stop by this Christmas Community Party!
On December 15th, the Redemption Community Church will be holding a Christmas Community Party from 6:00-8:00 PM. Included in this event are caroling, a delicious ham dinner, a family photo-booth, and cookie decorating. On top of that, this event will have a petting zoo with all of the animals from the nativity. Guaranteed to have you leaving feeling full, and filled with Christmas spirit.
Feast your eyes on Christmas light displays near you…
If you want to be amazed this holiday season, then the following list of Christmas light displays just might do the trick!
- Come visit the Fletcher’s incredible display of thousands of lights at 15499 22nd Avenue. Between beautiful colours and decorations, this is the perfect chance to take the family out for a festive evening.
- The St. Mark’s Anglican Church is hosting their 13th annual Journey of Christmas outdoor display. Between December 15th and 27th, be sure to check it out! Located at 12953 20th Avenue.
- There’s nothing quite like a log home on Christmas! Stop by 2513 141st Street for a miraculous sight of over 50,000 lights and more!
- What better way to accentuate a light display than with Christmas music? 3326 Rosemary Heights Crescent is sure to have your eyes and ears in heaven! You can even take it all in from the comfort of your car.
- Last but not least – swing by 3779 159A Street for “plenty of lights… and a whole lot of Christmas Spirit!”
The following is a handy link which maps all the great Christmas light displays across the lower mainland:
Check out what the Greater Vancouver Area has to offer.
While White Rock and South Surrey have some great options, why limit yourself? Take the family for a mini road-trip, and create some great memories. Here are a couple noteworthy holiday options in the greater Vancouver area:
- The Bright Nights Christmas Train in Stanley Park – every year Stanley Park puts on a fantastic miniature railway, which is surrounded by three million twinkling lights! Witness the beauty and excitement, which are also accompanied by Christmas displays and live performers along the train route. Proceeds from this event go toward the BC Professional Fire Fighters’ Burn Fund.
- VanDusen Botanical Gardens is another magical display of lights and Christmas spirit, offered in the Vancouver area. With Christmas trees decorated head to toe in illuminating beauty, the VanDusen Gardens is the perfect place to take the family over the holidays. It’s sure to put a smile on your kids’ faces… And on yours, too! Check out this video to get a glimpse of the magic:
- Canyon Lights at the Capilano Suspension Bridge – check out our last blog post for more information on this must-see holiday display!
This holiday season is shaping up to be wonderful. Make sure you check out these great activities while you can!